Foundation of Art course 1/2months
Class times -
You can do the foundation course over any 8 week period all year round.
You choose your own dates. Please give us your first 2 dates in box below and all other dates can be arranged in the studio when we meet.
- 7 full days 10-4 Any Wednesday &/or Saturday full day 10-4.
All dates booked must take place over 8 weeks. Available all year round.
Materials Included with your booking are a bonus 2 x canvas 30 x 40cm , and all drawing materials & paper, oil paint and medium.
Bring set of brushes or discuss with studio.
Subject / style - you will explore both drawing and painting and a number of styles in this course. Subject -classical, portraiture, figure, abstraction, landscape ? etc
Conditions of Booking - Please book all your sessions within any 8 week period all year round . simply give your first 2 dates below. All dates once booked are fixed and final and cannot be changed, see conditions.
Get started on your journey to learning beautiful techniques in drawing and painting in both classical and contemporary styles.Complete your foundation course in 1 or 2 months. You will be guided through the process of learning how to use brushes correctly, mix paints, composition, draw and paint landscapes and portraits or create expressive and abstract works. You can then book another course or the weekly classes and progress to the next level of your artistic journey focusing on whatever area interests you or book the weekly classes which are ongoing all year.
Past students have used these classes to:
- to study art, painting drawing at you own pace in an open college timetable
- Develop a portfolio for admission to art or design college or for professional purposes
- Understand the flesh palette from the Venetian, French and Flemish schools of painting
- Study techniques such as grisaille, layering, glazing, sfumato, imprimatura and alla prima
- Learn how to transform initial ideas into fully-realised drawings and paintings from sketch book to finished work.
- Develop themes into a series of work for a gallery show or portfolio
- Overcome creative blocks from the home studio or fear of simply doing art
* indicates a required field