Foundation of Art course Terms 1- 4 FULL COURSE
Full Term - 4 terms over 6 months each term composed of 4 full day classes -10-4pm
Booking can take place over 2 months doing every Wed, Sat 10-4 or span over 6months
Class times - 16 x 6 hours classes . Choose from the following times each week - Wed and Sat 10-4.
Email us your first 4 dates at time of booking all other dates can be booked in sets of 4.
Materials Inc 6 x canvas 30x 40cm , all drawing materials & paper, oil paint and medium.
Bring set of brushes or discuss with studio.
Subject / style - Indicate the area you want to focus on for your course Drawing /Oil Painting, Watercolor? -Style, Subject -classical, portraiture, figure, abstraction, landscape ? etc You can also explore both drawing and painting which is what we would advise.
Get started on your journey to learning beautiful techniques in drawing and painting in both classical and contemporary styles. You will be guided through the process of learning how to use brushes correctly, mix paints, composition, draw and paint landscapes and portraits or create expressive and abstract works. You can then move on to course 2 and progress to the next level of your artistic journey focusing on whatever area interests you. or book the weekly classes which are ongoing all year.
Past students have used these classes to:
- to study art, painting drawing at you own pace in an open college timetable
- Develop a portfolio for admission to art or design college or for professional purposes
- Understand the flesh palette from the Venetian, French and Flemish schools of painting
- Study techniques such as grisaille, layering, glazing, sfumato, imprimatura and alla prima
- Learn how to transform initial ideas into fully-realised drawings and paintings from sketch book to finished work.
- Develop themes into a series of work for a gallery show or portfolio
- Overcome creative blocks from the home studio or fear of simply doing art
* indicates a required field