Foundation of Art course Terms 1- 4 FULL COURSE
Full Term - 4 terms over 12 months each term composed of 8 x 3hr classes.
Booking can take place over 2 months doing every wed, sat 10-4 or span over 1 year.
Class times - 32 x 3 hours classes . Choose from the following times each week - Tuesday 6-9, Wed and Sat MORNING 10-1 or noon 1-4 or double class 10-4
We advise to do some double session 10-4 on Wed and Saturdays for best results.
Email us your first 4 dates at time of booking.
Materials Inc 6 x canvas 30x 40cm , all drawing materials & paper, oil paint and medium.
Bring set of brushes or discuss with studio.
Subject / style - Indicate the area you want to focus on for your course Drawing /Oil Painting, Watercolor? -Style, Subject -classical, portraiture, figure, abstraction, landscape ? etc
Get started on your journey to learning beautiful techniques in drawing and painting in both classical and contemporary styles. You will be guided through the process of learning how to use brushes correctly, mix paints, composition, draw and paint landscapes and portraits or create expressive and abstract works. You can then move on to course 2 and progress to the next level of your artistic journey focusing on whatever area interests you. or book the weekly classes which are ongoing all year.
Past students have used these classes to:
- to study art, painting drawing at you own pace in an open college timetable
- Develop a portfolio for admission to art or design college or for professional purposes
- Understand the flesh palette from the Venetian, French and Flemish schools of painting
- Study techniques such as grisaille, layering, glazing, sfumato, imprimatura and alla prima
- Learn how to transform initial ideas into fully-realised drawings and paintings from sketch book to finished work.
- Develop themes into a series of work for a gallery show or portfolio
- Overcome creative blocks from the home studio or fear of simply doing art
* indicates a required field